The Amazon Kindle team is seeking strong software development engineers in test to build new technology in the Reading Experience organization. In this position, you will be responsible for building and testing key social features and an entirely new and innovative learning experience for our customers on the websites and devices. This team has a broad technical charter that requires technical expertise in Amazon's core services, Amazon web services, search techniques for finding relevant matches, building scalable and very low latency services and experience processing large data sets with map reduce.
We are looking for exceptional, motivated software engineers in test to build out our automated testing framework for our website and applications for mobile devices including iOS, Android and Kindle.
We work in a fun, fast-paced dynamic team environment. As a SDET, you will develop, execute and maintain software to test our products. SDETs at Amazon are expected to have industry-leading technical abilities that enable them to significantly improve product quality. You should have a combination of solid in-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance testing methodologies, solid understanding of computer science principles, as well as knowledge of how to architect software for maximum longevity.
Most importantly we are looking for SDETs that are passionate about working for Amazon and building high-quality and highly-scalable applications and services.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar technical field.
- 3+ years of experience as a developer or SDET.
- 3+ years of expertise in an object oriented programming language.
- Automation architecture development and/or maintenance experience
- Ability to programmatically test any software product and develop automation for it.
- Experience with open source tools and resources.
- Practical coding experience with automated testing tools like Selenium
- Familiar with Eclipse IDE or logical equivalent.
- Comfort and familiarity with common data structures, algorithms and collections.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills.
Amazon.com - 10 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...