Join a great team as Test Engineering Manager in our Bloomfield, Connecticut location. In this key role, you will oversee the development and implementation of optical component test and assembly process equipment including manufacturing support in Connecticut and overseas.
Job Duties and Tasks
- Manage test engineering equipment team including assignment of resources, scheduling of tasks, resolving conflicts, establishing priorities, and providing feedback to development teams.
- Decipher the needs of multiple development programs, on site production, and overseas production and assign appropriately grouped tasks to members of team.
- Establish and maintain a discipline of documenting hardware, software, and related procedures to a level that both test engineers and end users can use effectively.
- Establish and maintain a culture of data driven decisions for test and process equipment related issues.
- Manage the development of strategic and tactical plans for the upgrade of stations and software.
- Facilitate the definition of common building blocks across stations.
- Participate in project meetings and report status. Required Qualifications Required Qualifications
- BS or MS degree in optics, physics, optical engineering, electronic engineering or equivalent.
- 5 years experience managing a team responsible for development and manufacturing support of test and assembly process stations locally and off site.
- Proven track record implementing test stand qualification processes and control plans that are data driven using appropriate statistical methods.
- Experience managing equipment builds, including development of bottom-up and top-down schedules and resource plans, priority setting, and tracking.
- Direct hands on experience designing test system hardware and software.
- Direct experience defining requirements for both software and hardware.
- Excellent technical writing, documentation, and communication skills.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
- Programming skills with LabView and TestStand.
- In-depth understanding of optical component and system test equipment a plus.
JDS Uniphase Corporation - 17 months ago
JDS Uniphase (JDSU) is drawn to the warming glow of optical networks. Its communications test and measurement division makes instruments and...