Job Title: Secretary, School of Sustainability and the Environment (SSE)
Position Reports to: Assistant to the Dean
Position Summary: The Secretary will provide responsible and efficient administrative support for the School of Sustainability and the Environment.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Ability to be flexible and handle growth as programs expand
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Professional and responsible demeanor in all manner of situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelors Degree preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Have a comprehensive knowledge of department procedures and programs
· Respond to questions and information requests in a timely manner
· Assist faculty and students with issues related to registering, classroom assignments, reimbursements and other paperwork
· Greets visitors, students and faculty and direct their inquiries to the appropriate person
· Organize and maintain comprehensive files for SSE, both paper and electronic
· Reconcile all credit statements, check requests and reimbursements
· Coordinate events including catering/menu and setup details, parking arrangements, invitations and R.S.V.P.s, etc.
· Manage information and communications for SSE committees
· Maintain the Dean’s meeting calendar and schedule of events when needed
· Work with Program Directors and registrar to schedule classes
· Coordinate transportation to and from the Eden Hall Campus for SSE students
· Organize domestic and international travel arrangements and itineraries including airfare, transportation, lodging, meetings, visa’s, miles points programs, etc.
· Order office supplies and maintain office equipment
· Other duties as necessary