according to specifications.
- Exercise good customer relations skills, by dealing with customer problems calmly and effectively, minimizing the number and degree of complaints.
- Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds. May be required to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet. Must comply with safety guidelines at all times.
- Read and interpret complex blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, operational/product manuals in order to understand the requirements to properly service, inspect or install equipment. Obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities
and PC boards as required.
- Review shop drawings and obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications and timetable. Coordinate the installation activities with all trades at the work location to optimize installation time. Attend all required site meetings involved with installation activities.
- Program and commission various SimplexGrinnell product lines. Validate system operation to ensure compliance with customer specifications and applicable code requirement.
- Instruct and train customers on functional operation of the equipment/system. Conduct simulations and answer questions.
- Follow prescribed troubleshooting procedures and refer to technical manuals, part manuals, change notices and bulletins, modification notices, etc. in order to diagnose and repair equipment/system. Access software to correct program problems. Diagnose hardware problems and replace devices
- May be required to be on-call and to travel away from assigned territory and stay overnight. Must use the most expeditious means of travel which may be specified by the company.
SimplexGrinnell is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Two year Associate degree in a technical field, such as electronics or electricity, or equivalent.
- Must be proficient in the use and application of personal computers including DOS and Windows programs.
- Working knowledge of test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices are required.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with the customer. Demonstrates promptness in completing tasks and in maintaining a highly organized schedule. May be required to work overtime and be on call, to respond to emergency situations.
- Must possess and retain NICET Level II Certification within three years and NICET III within five years of hire.
- Must have valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
Tyco - 17 months ago
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...