Your role as a Kitchen Prep Cook will include oversight of the food preparation process, creation of recipes and the selection of the items in the Prepared Foods case. Additionally you will maintain attractive Prepared Foods displays and support the regional Prepared Foods vision. You will ensure a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and team members.
- Give every customer immediate and undivided attention. Surprise and delight the customers with consistent, delicious food.
- Support the Kitchen Supervisor, Associate Team Leader and Chef/Cook with all kitchen functions.
- Prepare Kitchen products according to recipes.
- Guides completion of daily prep lists and job assignments.
- Keep all coolers and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly rotated.
- Follow established food safety, cleaning and maintenance procedures.
- Be aware of new products and recipes that become available.
- Analyze and control product transfers, waste and spoilage.
- Know product availability, preparation, storage and nutritional aspects, and ensure the quality, palatability and presentation of all in-house production.
- Ensure that product mix meets varied customer dietary needs and requests.
- Accept and process product from Receiver.
- Document product transfers, waste and spoilage using appropriate forms.
- Work with all production Team Members to minimize waste.
- Follow and comply with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and adhere to safe work practices.
- Operate and sanitize all equipment in a safe and proper manner.
- This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
- Previous kitchen, culinary, deli, restaurant, kitchen management, cooking or customer service experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team; ability to communicate effectively with customers and team members.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures.
- Ability to learn basic knowledge of all products carried in the department.
- Understand and communicate quality goals and ingredient information to customers.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong work ethic and integrity.
- Proper handling of knives and other cutting equipment.
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the department.
Essential Job Functions:
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Bend and stoop to grasp objects and climb ladders. Bend and twist neck and waist, reach above and below shoulders and squat.
- Bend and lift loads, not to exceed 50 pounds. Push and pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Repetitive use of hands for grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
Number of Openings: 1.00
Benefits Category: 1
Close Date: 01/01/2013
•Austin, Texas-based Whole Foods Market (NASDAQ: WFM) is the leading natural and organic food retailer, and one of the most vibrant...