As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 2|
4,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
1. Performs advanced engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
2. Directs various tests and analyzes and documents results.
3. Identifies and documents clients functional requirements.
4. Reviews, writes, and provides updates to technical documentation.
5. Develops research & development plans.
6. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced engineers and engineering support staff, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
7. May serve as technical team or task lead.
8. Makes changes to methods, design or equipment where necessary.
9. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
10. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related technical displine or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
8-10 years of related engineering experience. Four (4) years AEGIS Combat System shipboard experience including two (2) deployments as a senior CIC watch stander onboard an AEGIS CG or DDG. Additionally, at least six (6) years as an AEGIS Combat System Instructor. Demonstrated progressive experience in supervising the planning, organizing, review and implementation of AEGIS Combat System training needs and requirements. Demonstrated ability in development of training materials. Demonstrated experience in the following knowledge of AEGIS training methods, monitored simulations or problem-solving scenarios, and interactive, multimedia instructional technologies.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Science and Engineering
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 2 years ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...