Job Posting Title Kiewit Bridge & Marine Equipment Engineer Reference Code EXT-NB00007114-E-01 Company Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices in the United States, Canada and abroad. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, heavy civil, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. With 2012 revenues of more than $11 billion, Kiewit's workforce includes approximately 11,500 staff and 18,500 craft workers. Kiewit Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Kiewit participates in E-Verify. Department Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, Kiewit Bridge & Marine is a general contractor with heavy civil, marine, and industrial capabilities through the U.S. and Canada. Our experience includes cable stayed bridges, suspension bridges, cast-in-place and precast segmental bridges, piers, wharves, marinas, ferry terminals, wastewater treatment facilities, and industrial facilities.
To learn more about Kiewit Bridge & Marine, please go to www.kiewit.com/bridge&marine. Tasks • Fleet Management and daily Job Equipment Management reporting:
o Visual inspections
o Tracking maintenance inspections
o Scheduling oil changes and samples
o Repair reports
o Warranty consideration reports
o Component hour log updates
o Track equipment utilization and conduct downtime impact analyses
o Equipment scheduling on project and between projects
o Manage backlog
Requirements • 2 year degree in Equipment, Diesel, Automotive, or similar degree required.
- Create maintenance work schedules and adjust maintenance crew sizes.
- Select and negotiate with vendors on outside repairs and services.
- Purchase parts and materials while managing cost control.
- Manage parts and supplies inventory.
- Maintain cost vs. budget reporting and present to project and district management monthly.
- Follow all company safety policies and guidelines.
- Understand and follow Federal, State, and local regulations, such as those governing the disposal of hazardous waste.
- Keep current on company policy updates and manufacturer service bulletins.
- Attend company and manufacturer sponsored training courses.
Employment Type Full-Time City Vancouver
- 1-2 years experience in an equipment maintenance environment preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers including the ability to productively use Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to freely access all areas of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environmental conditions.
- Desire and drive to advance into an Equipment Superintendent role.
Kiewit Corporation - 20 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...