Our client is seeking a System Administrator in Austin, TX and San Antonio, TX.
The System Administrator will manage a mixed server environment consisting of Linux and Windows servers that include virtualization hosts and guests, database servers, applications servers and file servers. In addition, the System Administrator will be responsible for basic networking design and maintenance in a multiple subnet infrastructure.
- Installing and configuring new hardware and software, maintaining existing hardware
- Installing and configuring virtualization hosts and guests and automating guest provisioning
- Installing operating systems and applying updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Adding, removing, or updating user account information, resetting passwords, etc
- Performing routine monitoring and audits of systems, network and applications
- Performing backups
- Analyzing system logs and identifying potential issues with servers, applications and network
- Introducing and integrating new technologies into existing data center environment
- Firewall and other network security implementation and maintenance
- Testing the network for security vulnerability and other weaknesses
- Document configuration of the production infrastructure
- Problem and outage troubleshooting
- Infrastructure performance tuning
- Evaluating implementing network management software
Kforce - 16 months ago
Kforce (Nasdaq:KFRC) is a professional staffing and solutions firm providing flexible and permanent staffing solutions in the skill areas of...