This position is primarily responsible for providing store planning, architectural service and professional guidance to Store Development. It is the goal of this position to meet the Store opening and remodeling goal set by the Leadership Team. This position works closely with the construction team to select local architects for each project. The Manager will manage the design documentation and any conflict with landlord or cities concerning design issues.
- Provide Architectural Service to the company.
- Work closely with the WWW Retail Brands, Real Estate, and Store Construction to prepare fixture plans.
- Partner with Real Estate and Store Construction to set project schedules and coordinate and track all drawing and permit dates for each project.
- Oversee the work of the contracted architecture firms and ensure that the design intent and standards of WWW are incorporated in each new/remodeled store.
- Coordinates the on-site surveys of existing spaces, prior to the preparation of design documents.
- Create and maintain store capacity information to maximize fit plan for all WWW Retail Brands and concepts.
- Reviews design documents for accuracy. Coordinates the efforts to obtain construction permits as required.
- Responds to RFIs during construction and review field work orders with Project Managers to verify validity and to improve future drawings.
- Works with Construction Project Managers to review punch lists at completion to ensure that the design intent has been met and the store meets the approved WWW standards.
- Successful roll out of new store formats, completing value engineering and modifications to meet evolving retail chain requirements.
- Review and approve with Store Construction team all professional services purchase orders to ensure costs are in line with contracts and budget.
- Ensures stores are designed and opened on time meeting WWW standards.
- Train and monitor architectural firms regarding WWW Retail concepts and designs.
- Building code interpretation, including ADA compliance and Hazardous Material review.
- Partner in the selection of the architectural vendors with Store development construction director.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Design or related field
- be a registered, licensed Architect
At least 5 years of experience in all aspects of retail store development
Minimum 3 year’s experience in project management in a retail environment
Creative and passionate about retail store design
Demonstrated ability to deliver on time
Proficient in recent release of AutoCAD
Strong focus on drawing quality and accuracy
Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities
Able to manage multiple projects and outside consultants, simultaneously
Strong attention to detail
Self-motivated, visible sense of urgency
Ability to resolve conflict
Ability to build partnerships (internal and external)
AIA and NCARB membership preferred
Retail experience preferred
Available to travel, up to 20% of the time
Extended hours will be necessary as workloads dictate. This will include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- Job will generally be performed in an office environment, but will require extensive travel to vendors’ offices, current and potential retail properties, and construction job sites.