Provide support to geosciences team in the Williston Basin Asset Team in collaboration with other Senior Geological Technician.
Maintain and update Petra Project and SMT Project for Asset Team in collaboration with other departments.
Populate and maintain other databases, as needed.
Transfer data from various external and internal sources into Petra/SMT, including but not limited to wells, well/permit status, spuds, logs, core data, directional plans, directional surveys, drilling schedule information, reserves data, perforations, and cultural, land, production, and seismic data.
Purchase various data and materials upon request, such as digital logs, literature, etc.
QC all data and exercise caution in transfers to avoid overwriting relevant existing data.
Periodically check for and clean up duplicate or extraneous data.
Maintain scout map of new activity over entire basin, provide reports on same.
Create and print maps and cross sections.
Transfer geosciences data to and from other departments and programs as needed (e.g., budget, reserves, drilling).
Maintain electronic well files and any physical files.
Assist geoscientists with tasks as needed to support up to 10-rig drilling program.
Execute short-term, long-term, and iterative projects.
Keep manager informed of progress on ongoing projects and educated on process developments.
Work collaboratively with multiple departments in different states.
- Demonstrated advanced capability in manipulating and transferring electronic data, programming experience a plus.
- Ability and willingness to adapt to new software applications and processes.
- Familiarity with SMT and Petra, GIS experience a plus.
- Desire to build and improve processes as part of a team.
- Attentiveness to detail.
- Collaborative and energetic approach.
- 5+ years of experience as a geological or engineering technician
- High School diploma, Bachelor's Degree preferred
WPX Energy - 2 years ago
WPX Energy specializes in producing natural gas, oil and natural gas liquids from non-conventional resources such as tight-sands and shale...