Merchandising analysts are responsible for attaining gross profit goals and negotiating competitive Merchandising and Marketing deals for the Independent customer group. Merchandisers work in a fast paced environment requiring quick and accurate decisions on various subjects while maintaining vendor relationships.
- Negotiate and execute promotional merchandising programs with vendors for Independent customer base; both regionally and at a national level.
- Ensure item and vendor data integrity (pricing, item accuracy, item changes, item assortment, category marketing info, lost profitability resolution).
- Negotiate buying opportunities with vendors while maximizing gross margin.
- Monitor and analyze commodity markets and communicate the appropriate purchases in support of the company margin objectives.
- Act as liaison with retail customers and vendors for vendor relations.
- Act as primary point of contact in building and maintaining vendor relationships.
- Collaborate with vendors and buyers to resolve situations where C&S has excessive inventory levels or unproductive inventory.
- Perform and execute other related projects in relation to departmental goals.
Working Safely is a Condition of Employment at C&S - An Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2+ years of Food Industry Knowledge preferred.
- Wholesale or Retail Procurement experience helpful.
- Strong communication, negotiation, organizational and analytical skills.
- strong ability to successfully prioritize multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Able to achieve results as an individual and within a team.
C&S Wholesale Grocers - 22 months ago
C&S Wholesale Grocers is the lead supply chain company in the food industry today – and the largest wholesale grocery supply...