You're empowered to do your best! Use your Sharp Analytical Skills to help us support, compile and report key information! Drive processes and technology improvement initiatives for the products, using standard project methodology (requirements, design, test, etc.). Use data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the business and clients. Engage users in analysis and evaluation of functional models and prototypes; identify dependencies and priorities. Evaluate technology applications for use by the user community. Produce, publish and distribute scheduled and ad-hoc client and operational reports relating to the development and performance of products.
This is a fast paced position working in a highly matrixes environment. Candidates are detail oriented, well-organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills. In addition, the candidate works well independently and is a good team player.
Positions in this function conduct and manage outcomes of various studies that include analyzing, reviewing, forecasting, trending, and presenting information for operational and business planning. They support short and long term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models. They also develop and implement effective/strategic business solutions through research and analysis of data and business processes.
- Consult with business departments to identify requirements
- Gather and document business processes (current and future) and/or requirements
- Define project scope and objectives
- Evaluate system changes for downstream system(s) and/or organizational impacts
- Participate in solutions to provide the business unit with a preliminary evaluation and/or user interface experience
- Coordinate and create required User Acceptance Testing (UAT) artifacts including test strategies, test scripts and test plans
- Validate that changes and enhancements to clinical applications are functioning according to the relevant business requirements and/or specifications
- Prioritize and track all issues and/or outstanding items from inception to resolution
- Report project status to appropriate stakeholders
- Record hours worked on projects
- Acquire and maintain working knowledge of clinical applications, business processes and architecture that support the applications
- Provide operational system support for clinical staff
- Comply with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology
- Lead and support clinical applications enhancement projects (migrations and/or growth activities)
- Interface with clinical end users, IT and other business segments to ensure system issues are resolved timely
- Identify and recommend business process efficiencies, operational improvements and system enhancements for clinical applications
- Manage organizational change
- Analyzes and investigates.
- Provides explanations and interpretations within area of expertise.
- 2+ years of Business Analysis experience with gathering and/or leading business/ system requirements documentation, analyzing data, participating in solutions, creating test scripts and/or test plans, facilitating User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and performing production verification
- 1+ year of Healthcare industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree OR High School Diploma/GED + 2 years of equivalent experience
UnitedHealth Group IT provides a diverse and comprehensive array of application design and infrastructure services designed to advance improved health and well-being for our customers, and to benefit UnitedHealth Group employees across the enterprise. Comprised of the Application Services Group, Enterprise Technology Services Group and the IT Business Services Group, UnitedHealth Group IT has over 7,000 internal and external resources across the globe, and offices in California, Connecticut, Minnesota, New Jersey, South Carolina, Wisconsin and India.
- Medicaid/Medicare experience
- Medical Management experience
- HIPAA Compliance/Transaction experience
- Proficient skills with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Experience in PL/SQL
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group - 18 months ago
When you work to better people’s lives, one of those lives will always be yours.
We have modest goals: Improve the lives of...