Truck Driver Chemicals
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
Georgia-Pacific Chemicals is a performance chemical company focused on manufacturing products for the building products, paper making, industrial, and agricultural businesses.
We currently have an opening for a chemical tank truck driver at our Taylorsville, MS chemical plant.
Candidates must be able to work variable start times including overtime, weekends, and holidays. Applicants will be required to safely operate a GP cargo tank vehicle and follow all rules and regulations of both GP and DOT.
· Minimum of 23 years of age
· Minimum of 2 years verifiable commercial driving experience
· Endorsements of hazardous materials
· Endorsements of cargo tank
· All applicable DOT periodic certification requirements
· No more than one (1) chargeable or preventable motor vehicle accident within the year preceding the date of application
· Willingness to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
· Willingness to perform repetitive and physically demanding tasks for extended periods (lifting, walking, climbing, pushing, twisting, stooping)
· Willingness to wear necessary Personal Protective Equipment (safety glasses, ear plugs, hard hat, 6” top leather steel-toed boots, respirator, etc.)
· Willingness to climb and work in high areas
· Willingness to work in confined spaces
· Willingness to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
· Willingness to work in a tobacco-free environment
· Willingness to sign a confidentiality agreement as a condition of employment
· Cargo Tank experience is preferred
Applicant’s driving records will be reviewed. The following violations/convictions will result in disqualification for employment with the company.
· Driving while intoxicated (DWI), or any other offense involving the operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol
· Leaving the scene of an accident
· Any criminal offense involving a commercial vehicle, including transporting of a controlled substance
· Aggravated assault with a motor vehicle
· Vehicular homicide
· Careless or reckless operation – operating a motor vehicle with willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property
Georgia-Pacific - 17 months ago