Senior Manager, Logistics
is responsible for all account management, customer service satisfaction and maintenance of employee relations and development. Duties of this position include: Management of all areas of transportation; to include safety equipment utilization, DOT regulations, employee retention profit and loss responsibility and OSHA.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Logistics, Organizational Development, Transportation or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years Transportation/Logistics experience required.
- A minimum of 3 (three) years supervisory experience required.
- A minimum of 2 (two) years P and L responsibility required.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word such as keyboard short cuts, creating macros, merge, merge queries, templates, table techniques, and working with images and text.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Excel such as working with formulas, data tables, pivot Charts, queries, custom functions, data management and analysis.
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Power Point such as inserting charts, graphs and tables, animation and multimedia, customizing slide shows with hyperlinks, drawing and working with objects, speaker notes and meeting notes, and advanced presentation features.
- Experience with ground transportation operations including DOT, OSHA and all related safety regulations.
- Must possess exceptional communication, interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills.
Ability to effectively manage profit and loss statements is necessary.
Capable of interacting effectively with all levels of personnel in a fast paced just-in-time cross dock delivery environment.
Some Business Development experience preferred.
Knowledge of shipping, receiving or transportation preferred. Experience completing EOM P and L. Ability to problem solve customer concerns quickly and efficiently. Experience managing Clerks, warehouseman, and salaried employees. Ability to clearly communicate with all levels of organization. Ability to manage multiple locations remotely. Ability to interact face-to-face with customer.
Management of one or more customer accounts, lifecycle, and extending existing products where feasible, safety issues, profit and loss responsibility, directing the assessment, development, launch and continuous improvement activities related to specific business or product category, and day-to-day customer interface and operation of on-site manager.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...