The Discovery Digital Media Product team is looking for an Interactive Designer with at least five years of experience in digital design. This role is vital in creating the look and feel of our digital templates, designing, conceptualizing, and producing final art for online editorial content across Discovery’s network properties.
Create positive and impactful user experiences including thoughtful navigation and user interface that is logical, transparent and effective.
Design modular templates that allow for content to be created and maintained easily. Help establish and follow site design standards for all of TV Net digital sites
Work closely with the product leads and brands stakeholders to create impactful and exciting user experiences within set time frame and budgets.
Work with outside partners and third party developers to integrate and extend our content.
Create designs that work across various platforms, including desktop, mobile, and tablet.
* Must have at least 5 years online experience – preferably editorial work, with a deep knowledge of Flash, HTML5 and other related Internet technologies. Prior experience with non-traditional platforms (such as mobile) a plus.
* Experience working in a product-led culture a plus.
* Must have editorial sensibility with sophisticated design understanding of motion, color, typography, photography and branding. Experience with video driven sites a major plus
* Proven ability to create design responsive design work that is clear, clean and vibrant and demonstrates original thinking. Must be a creative problem solver willing to take risks.
* Clear communication skills and ability to articulate ideas at all levels of the organization.
* Flexible and able to create variety within a limited palette.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Discovery Communications, Inc. - 17 months ago
Discovery Communications allows viewers to go on safari without ever having to leave their couch. It is the world's #1 non-fiction...