Alegent Creighton Health is the largest not-for-profit, faith-based healthcare provider in Nebraska and southwest Iowa with 11 acute care hospitals, a specialty spine hospital, freestanding inpatient psychiatric and skilled nursing facilities and more than 100 Alegent Creighton Clinic locations. As the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools, Alegent Creighton Health and Alegent Creighton Clinic are committed to teaching the health professionals of the future.
Our commitment to our patients and their families is high, but the return on that commitment is even higher. We are committed to our employees by ensuring we hire individuals who also believe in enriching the lives of those we serve. If this sounds like you - apply today and join the Alegent Creighton Health team! We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Days-6:00am-6:00pm, Evenings-6:00pm-1:00am, Nights-6:00pm-6:00am
1. Provides routine and intensive care procedures including Med-Surg, CCU, EDS, and/or Code 3 support considering the patient's age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs.
2. Provides for the assessment and evaluation of the appropriateness and effectiveness of therapy based on patient's age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs. Is responsible for the communication to the physician of pertinent patient evaluation data. Makes recommendations for changes in specific modes of therapy.
3. Participates in Quality Assurance.
4. Educates patients and arranges home respiratory care services and patient therapy follow-up assessments using language and materials appropriate for age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs.
5. Communicates a professional attitude with physicians, patients, visitors and other hospital personnel while assuring confidentiality of patient and other hospital information using language and materials based on consideration of the patient's age, cognitive and physical abilities, and/or developmental needs.
Required: Graduate of a two to four year, registry eligible, college based, AMA approved school of Respiratory Therapy granting an Associates or Bachelor degree.
Certified by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a CRT.
Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care as a RRT within one year of hire date.
Licensed by the State of Nebraska with a Respiratory Care Practitioner License or Iowa Department of Health with a Respiratory Care Practitioner license.
BLS or BLS instructor certification is required upon hire. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Red Cross: CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, American Safety and Health Institute: CPR, PRO, must say ¿Professional Level-with AED¿, and American Heart Association: Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
ACLS or ACLS instructor certification is required 3 month. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Advanced Cardiac Life Support, American Safety and Health Institute: ACLS, American College of Surgeons: ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) and American College of Emergency Physician: ACLS
PALS (Pediatric Cardiac Life Support) or PALS instructor certification required within 6 months. Acceptable credentialing bodies and certifications include the following: American Heart Association: Pediatric Advanced Life Support, American Safety and Health Institute: PALS, Emergency Nurses Association: Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC), American Academy of Pediatrics: Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP), and American Academy of Pediatrics/American College of Emergency Physicians: APLS.
Current NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) completed within 6 months of hire.
Registry credentialing must be completed within one year of date of hire. Acceptable credentialing includes the following: National Board of Respiratory Care.
Must have excellent skill in performing direct respiratory care in all areas; good oral communication skills; must demonstrate personal traits of a high level of motivation; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value on treating others with dignity and respect.
Alegent Creighton Health (formerly Alegent Health) pledges allegiance to medical wellbeing in its corner of the Midwest. The not-for-profit...