To apply, print and submit an application packet from here: http://www.teachusvi.net/supportapp.htm
This position is that of an instructional leader with content specific training and expertise. He/ she would serve as a coach, trainer, resources provider and program manager. The individual would also be required to develop and deliver professional development and provide leadership support to the school and district to increase literacy achievement. The incumbent would report to the District Superintendent. Work is reviewed through observation, reports, presentations and projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE)
• Provides leadership in the development, implementation and coordination of district wide programs and resources;
• Plans and implements ongoing training for program personnel and teachers including new teachers and support staff ;
• Participates in curricular development and revision;
• Provides on-site technical assistance and support to schools in curriculum, instruction, technology an assessment;
• Monitors the implementation of district-wide programs, resources and services;
• Provides technical assistance and support to schools in the development and implementation of school improvement plans;
• Assists schools through classroom visits, consultation, demonstration lessons and conference;
• Keep abreast of national professional trends and changes in related curriculum area and disseminates that information to appropriate audiences.
• Supervises and coordinates the ordering/use of curriculum, instruction, technology and assessment materials/supplies and equipment;
• Consults with adult education programs and other special programs upon request;
• Supervises and coordinates projects developed to improve student achievement;
• Participates in ongoing professional development.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Master’s Degree in the specific content area with a specialization in education and three
(3) years of teaching experience providing instruction to students; and
• Certified by the Virgins Islands Board of Education.