Houston , Texas
Austin Industries and its operating companies engage in almost every type of civil, commercial and industrial construction. Austin is owned entirely by its employees through its Employee Stock Ownership Plan.
We invite you to search the job opportunities within our company; to learn more about us and to submit your resume when you decide to join a company where you are an owner and where your performance defines our competitive advantage, visit our website www.austinindustrial.com.
Austin Industrial, Inc. is a leading General Contractor who provides construction, maintenance and plant services to a variety of industrial clients. We are currently seeking experienced Planners for the Houston, Texas area.
This position reports to the Project Manager.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Understand and comply with all Austin/Client safety policies and procedures
2. Utilize and participate in Austin’s Accident Prevention Program including audits
3. Participate in daily/weekly safety meetings
1. Ensure that QA/QC related requirements are incorporated into the project schedule
2. Confirm that schedule forecasts have incorporated any QA/QC related issues that affect project progress
· Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible for the daily planning of maintenance work including piping, valves, civil/structural repairs, towers, exchangers, creation and maintaining of a master plan list for area of responsibility.
2. Building job plans that clearly show special instructions and required documentation such as Management of Change (MOC) information, QA/QC needs, P&ID’s, specification sheets, required craft personnel and duration, specialty tools, equipment and reserve or create purchase orders for necessary components.
3. Participate in the bidding process and requisitioning of third party services.
4. Partner with the Purchasing group and the material coordinator to assist in the procurement process of materials and services.
5. Actively participates in planning and scheduling meetings. Consistently communicates with frontline supervision, material coordinators, schedulers, and operations management to seek feedback on job plans.
6. May provide support for any emergency maintenance issues during off-hours.
7. Checking for scope through notification text and field walkthroughs.
1. Track daily progress
2. Provide schedule input for weekly progress report
3. Provide schedule input for project forecast
4. Provide electronic schedule status reporting to engineer/client as required
1. Able to write reports and business correspondence
2. Able to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients/customers
1. Minimum of 3 years of Planning experience in the industrial construction and plant maintenance industry, preferably in the refining or petrochemical field.
2. Must have experience on rotating equipment
3. Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications
4. SAP proficiency preferred for ordering materials
5. Must be authorized to work in the US for any employer
Austin Industries - 9 months ago
We provide our customers a broad range of construction services - from program management to self-performed general contracting. We have bui...