Belcan TechServices is currently recruiting for a Lewistown, PA client who has an immediate need for a Control Engineer.
In role of Controls Engineer in Test Machines, you will be responsible for the conceptualization, design, testing, and qualification of electronic control systems for robotic and mechanized systems for use in non-destructive testing of composite aircraft and other structures.
- Conceptualize system architecture and develop detailed cost estimates to support quotation of products per customer specification.
- Develop product definition and conceptual design for controls and software development.
- Electrical design including creation of requirements, specifications, drawings & documentation.
- Generation of operation and maintenance manuals.
- Specify and conduct qualification test plans and procedures, including Validation & Verification (V&V) and Factory Acceptance Test (FAT).
- Provide training to customers on controls and software content of non-destructive test machines.
- Ensure that system designs comply with all applicable specifications, industry standards, regulations and customer requirements such as CE, CSA, UL, OSHA, etc.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with engineering team members, project management, sales, business management, supply chain, and customers
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years design / development experience of complex, multi-axis mechatronic or robotic control systems.
- Expert knowledge of electromechanical systems and their controls.
- Experience with PLC, CNC, robot, and open architecture controller programming, and associated simulation tools.
- Ability and willingness to work and travel with no restrictions and must have the ability to perform work outside of the normal work schedule as required to meet business needs.
Belcan is a leading provider of qualified personnel to many of the world's most respected enterprises. We offer excellent opportunities for contract/temporary, temp-to-hire, and direct assignments in the technical, IT, professional, clerical, and light industrial fields. We are the employer of choice for thousands worldwide. Our overriding goal is to provide quality staffing solutions that help people, organizations, and communities succeed. Belcan is a team-driven Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.belcan.com .
- Fundamental knowledge of ultrasonic non-destructive testing methods and techniques.
- Demonstrated organization, planning, project scheduling, and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing, as well as facilitation and presentation skills with engineers and technicians, business managers and customers.
Belcan - 2 years ago
Belcan provides engineering, technical recruiting, and staffing services to clients in the aviation, consumer products, and manufacturing...