2013 Java Summer Intern
- Requisition #: 202940482
- Job Category: Information Systems
- Operation: Marketing Systems
- Job Group: Intern-Coop
- Job Grade: 007
- Job Code: 2177
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: Wayne, NJ 07470 - Wayne
Computer Science Major - Grad 2014 or later
Are you a student looking to launch your Information Technology career? If so, then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company, spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology providing its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking college students to join our team. If you are a highly motivated college student pursuing a degree in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, or related major, then UPS is a great place for you to start your career.
The selected Java Summer Intern must also:
- Participating in reviews
- Developing code
- Developing and executing unit tests
- have knowledge of the full project lifecycle, including design, code, unit and integrationtesting
- possess excellent verbal and written communications skills
- be able to work in a team environment and be self-driven if assigned to independent or small team tasks
SQL Language - Beginner
SQL Programming - Beginner
XML - Beginner
HTML - Beginner
Java Server Pages - Beginner
Java Beans - Beginner
Java Servlets - Beginner
Structured Systems Analysis - Beginner
Linux Application Development - Beginner
UNIX Shell - Beginner
SQL & PL/SQL - Beginner
Visual Basic .NET - Beginner
Java Programming - Beginner
J2EE Development - Beginner
TeamTrack - Beginner
Microsoft Office - Beginner
The Summer Intern must be able to work 32-40 during the summer (generally May through August, 2013).
The Summer Intern must be currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program working toward a degree in Computer Science, MIS or related discipline.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- U.S. Citizen or National of the U.S., an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence, or an alien authorized to work in the U.S. for this employer.
- Currently enrolled in a degreed college/university program
UPS - 9 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...