Accountable for daily partnership with Store Management; Regional VP, Zone Director, District Manager and Loss Prevention on Human Resource issues by providing human resource support at both the region, zone and district level. Responsible for maximum performance execution in exceeding all HR Metrics and creating action plans to positively impact bottom line business initiatives.
- Associate Relations:
- Assist store management team in identifying potential associate relations opportunities, providing counsel and advice to zone and district business partners in creating swift solutions to resolve, creating and maintaining a positive work environment, while consistently balancing the needs of the individual associate and Ross business initiatives.
- Survey associates to assist in identifying morale problems and offer District Manager ideas and suggestions in developing meaningful action plans to resolve/enhance the climate.
- Ensure Zone & District Managers are proactively executing a union avoidance culture and are responding with a sense of urgency to any union organizing campaign or suspicion of attempt once discovered.
- Interpret personnel policy when questions arise at the zone and district levels. Assist Zone Directors and District Managers in redirecting associates when necessary, formulating action plans with managers when potential associate problems are identified
- Provide input to District Managers on all exempt management level performance reviews.
- Investigate, respond and find solutions to all associate complaints in a timely manner.
- Accountable for approving all terminations throughout zone.
- Ensure the execution of New Management Orientation
- Ensure field HR team is driving the new hire orientation process in all stores ,
Work with District Managers to ensure that the direct recruiting effort, the hiring process and the identification and promotion of internal management candidates is executed and maintained to company standard.
- Drive the filed HR team & regional store management team in the Management Assessment process for identifying internal candidates for potential career advancement or performance development. Make recommendations as needed to assist District Manager in developing action plans.
- Responsible for ensuring WOTC targets are met throughout the region.
Training & Development :
- Ensure the field HR team is executing “STAR” visits on-going throughout the region based on requirements set and agreed upon in partnership with ZDs and RVP.
- Research and document any state or federal agency complaints, and coordinate response with legal counsel
- Advise Corporate Office of any regional, state, or federal statute changes which may affect company policy/procedure
- Coordinate with unemployment tax consultant as necessary, regarding state unemployment claims
- Drive and/or participate in Department of Labor claim hearings when necessary.
- Ensure HR partnership with Loss Prevention in handling and processing worker’s compensation claims to expedite a return to work where appropriate.
Analysis / Research
- Lead regional store management in evaluating Human Resource training needs annually, establishing a calendar of training topics to be presented for store level management
- Responsible for implementation and tracking of Management training programs on a store level basis.
- Follow up on training topics to ensure consistency. Monitor and measure success of programs.
- Conduct training workshops and seminars as needed to enhance the skill set for store, district and zone management.
Liaison Corporate Office / Field
- Recommend human resource policy and procedural changes to corporate.
- Assess zone needs regarding training, benefits, wages, labor and associate relations and communicate recommendations to all business partners.
- Initiate analysis / reports / statistical data regionally which may affect stores’ human resource performance and/or related business initiatives.
- Analyze statistical data sent from Corporate monthly to help evaluate and enhance the performance against the HR Metrics and in accordance with the HR Scorecard.
Special projects and other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Provide guidance to District Managers in implementing and communicating personnel, compensation, and benefit policies and procedures throughout the zone.
- Act as liaison between district, zone and regional offices for training, benefits, labor, and associate relations needs
- Assist District Loss Prevention Managers in addressing associate relations or other Human Resource / Loss prevention issues
- Evaluate on a regular basis, store hourly pay rates at Ross and local competitors and coordinate store wage rates with operations and Corporate Compensation Department.
- Develop, follow and execute the annual budget for zone Human Resource expenditures.
- 60-70% travel required
- Minimum 8-10 years of human resources management experience, most recently in a leadership capacity overseeing an HR management team
- Demonstrated knowledge of all the disciplines of human resources
- Multi-unit retail experience mandatory
- Degree(s) in Business Administration, Organization Development, Human Resources or other related field required.
- Must have experience with union avoidance, knowledge of EFCA/NLRB related issues
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, organizational and communication skills.
Ross Stores - 2 years ago
Our customers love a great deal. That makes our mission simple: to provide exciting bargains, every day, in every store. It takes an...