Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
The Information Security Specialist’s role designs, develops, recommends, and implements security solutions for Vulnerability, Incident and Event management. The Information Security Specialist also applies security knowledge to the creation and enforcement of security policies, standards and procedures.
• Develop and update Information Security policies, standards and procedures.
• Provide architecture direction and design for Vulnerability, Incident and Event management.
• Conduct security reviews, perform risk analysis and vulnerability assessments.
• Track and analyze security incidents. Identify weakness and submit process improvements.
• Review network and application security monitoring processes and procedures for compliance to Information Security policies.
• Provide ad-hoc consulting on network and system security issues
• Recommend and deploy additional security products and tools.
• Conduct research on emerging products
• College degree in a technical or related field and 3-5 years relevant experience; or 7+ years relevant technical experience required.
• Certifications in Information Security (ISC2, ISACA, GIAC, or similar) preferred.
•Strong working knowledge of various enterprise network and standalone security systems and technologies - including vulnerability assessment, configuration management and auditing, intrusion detection, firewalls, anti-virus, laptop encryption, and digital forensics.
• Use of various network security systems to assist in the investigation of security anomalies and incidents.
• Log Management / SIEM experience is preferred
• Knowledge of penetration testing and vulnerability assessment strategies.
•Security Policy development experience preferred.
• Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in one or more of the following areas required: Incident Management/Forensics, /Network/DB administration, Application Security and Vulnerability Management.
• Strong scripting/light programming skills (Perl, VB, JCL, XML, or HTML) required.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Self-motivated and directed.
College degree in a Technical or related field and 3-5 years professional level experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or 7+ years professional level related Technical experience with 0-1 year supervisory experience for roles with supervision; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required. The Information Security Specialist’s role designs, develops, recommends, and implements security solutions for Vulnerability, Incident and Event management. The Information Security Specialist also applies security knowledge to the creation and enforcement of security policies, standards and procedures.
Professional Dues Reimbursement
Career Development and Training
Paid Time Off
Medical and Dental Insurance Options
Prescription Drug Plan and Vision Coverage
Pre-Tax Flexible Spending Accounts
401(k) Plan With Employer Match
Experience the benefits of a growing company
For all that you put into your job, you deserve the best in return. From a friendly, team-based environment to progressive salaries and health plans, our benefits work hard for you. See for yourself.
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. EOE/AAP Employer.
There is no relocation package offered for this position.
We offer competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package,
and opportunities to grow your career within an excellent working environment.
WINDSTREAM IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Windstream Communications - 7 months ago
Windstream Corporation (Windstream) is a provider of telecommunications services in rural communities in the United States. The Company owns...