Spotify is seeking an outstanding developer who has deep knowledge of system programming and an interest in infrastructure development.
As Spotify grows by leaps and bounds, we are placing an increasing focus on systemizing infrastructure management. As a member of our team, you will be constructing frameworks and tools to further this goal.
Participate in the design, implementation and maintenance of tools and frameworks to help Spotify scale.
Some examples of planned projects:
- Build a first-class virtualized Spotify multiverse for our engineers to experiment and test within
- Identify bottlenecks in the workflow from commit to deploy, and remove them using home-grown or open-source tools
Qualities below are not required, but rather a plus
- At least 3 years of working professionally as a full-time software developer in Python or similar languages
- Experience in other programming languages (C++, Java, Perl, Ruby…) and paradigms (functional, OO, MVC…)
- In-depth knowledge of configuration management technologies (Puppet, cfengine, salt...) and strategies (state-driven, event-driven…)
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
This is a full time position, working out of our New York location. When applying, please include your skype id and provide all documents in PDF or txt format.
- Experience with the pressures of operations-oriented work (live troubleshooting, on-call duty...)
- Participation in free and open-source software development (visible through code commits)
- Experience working with agile processes (Scrum/XP/Kanban...) in a team environment
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Experience with any of the following (or similar) technologies: cloudstack, cobbler, debian, gerrit, socorro, teamcity
Spotify - 2 years ago