LiveHealthier is a health and wellness company committed to keeping employees healthy and companies strong. We partner with corporations to provide innovative, award-winning employee wellness solutions that bring healthcare costs under control while boosting employee productivity, job satisfaction and morale. We passionately believe in the fundamental right for individuals to live a happy, healthy and balanced life. Our wellness solutions and products are always beautifully designed and innovatively engineered. To learn more about us and our high tech and high touch wellness solutions please visit our website at www.livehealthier.com
LiveHealthier offers a unique and flexible work environment. We are a young, energetic and rapidly-growing company, and we are seeking an enthusiastic individual who will excel working in a fast paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
LiveHealthier is looking for a Lead Engineer excited to build a best-in-class product in the corporate wellness space. Love coding? So do we. Interested in building and managing a team of talented engineers to create products that help people lead healthier, more productive lives? Thought so. Looking for an opportunity in the DC area that isn’t boring government or coupon clipping? Welcome to LiveHealthier.
We’re looking for a talented technologist who wants to solve challenging big-data problems, to take business requirements and bring them to life as engaging user-focused tools and products, and to join forces with a fast-growing, energetic team who are passionate about health and wellness.
Experience and Characteristics
- Building user-facing web and mobile applications
- Integrating APIs to pull in a variety of health and activity data
- Helping to develop and integrate applications into a data warehouse solution
- Working with product and clients teams to create and develop detailed technical requirements
- Solving the most challenging technical problems
- Executing and driving the full SDLC from requirements to test to development to deploy and support
- Manage a team of engineers
- Lead process improvement activities focused on the software development lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Excellent hands-on design and implementation skills
- A mastery of the .Net framework, Asp.net and C#
- Experience developing user-facing web and mobile applications
- A desire to solve the most challenging technical problems
- An openness to open-source
- A love of test-driven development
- A proven track record of managing, motivating, and leading software engineering teams, preferably in a startup environment. Experience with fostering a culture of engineering creativity and excellence. Understands what it takes to keep engineers productive and engaged at the highest level.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- A desire to help and motivate people to improve their health
- Superb communication skills and the ability to translate business requirements to technical requirements
- Thrives in a fast-pace, ever-changing market and environment
- Can you stay productive even when the demands of the job pull you in several different directions?
- Are you comfortable with technology, technology speak and technical products?
- Do you keep user experience front of mind when collaborating internally and externally to build client solutions?
- Are you the type of person who thrives in a dynamic, ever-changing work environment and can always find a better way to accomplish your goals?
- Are you the type of person that places a high degree of importance on doing things right the first time?
- Are you the type of person that takes ownership to anything you commit to, large or small, and feel responsible to follow it through to completion?
- Are you energized by the challenge of recognizing a problem, analyzing the symptoms, identifying what is wrong and finding the solution?
- Can you sort through the clutter, see relevant patterns and issues where others see complexity, play out alternative ways to proceed, evaluate accurately the potential obstacles, cull and make selections until you find the best route?
- Do you use goals as your compass, helping you determine priorities and make the necessary corrections to get back on course?
LiveHealthier offers competitive salaries and benefits packages, including:
LiveHealthier is certified as a women-owned business (WBENC). This position is located at our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland and we do not offer a relocation allowance.
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401(k) plan
- We LiveHealthier Wellness Plan
- Subsidized parking/metro
- Generous leave policies
- Casual dress
- PING PONG TABLE
This position is located at our headquarters in Bethesda, Maryland and we do not offer a relocation allowance.
Interested candidates will need to provide the following--A resume, a good reason why you’d like to work here and your salary history—all sent as an attachment (or attachments) to email@example.com , attention: Lead Engineer.
Please, no phone calls. Consideration will only be made for full-time applicants for this position. Do not contact us if you are a recruiter or a development firm. Thank you.
LiveHealthier is a global provider of innovative health management programs that are tailored to individuals and customized to corporations....