The Army's Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation vision is to be the driving force for programs and services that provide for the Army's home and enhance the lives of its Soldiers, Families, Civilians and Military Retirees. We strive to provide these programs and services resulting in a quality of life to Soldiers and Families commensurate with their sacrifice and service. If you are searching for an exciting career serving our Soldiers and Families, then FMWR is the place for you.
LOCATION: (BAD-Business Activities Division). This is a FLEXIBLE position with irregular hours (0-40 hours). Not eligible to participate in the NAF Employee Benefits Plans. You must be able to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
*** A certificate of qualified candidates may be issued at any time at management's request.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
- Medical Evaluation is required
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship and/or Permanent U.S, Residency is required
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment check IAW AR 215-3 required
- Copy of valid drivers license required at time of application
Works as an assistant for the Facilities Operations Team Leader who makes specific assignments, explains policies and procedures and reviews work for quantity and quality of completed projects. Job may require work in various facilities depending on requirements as determined by customer demand or programmed activities. Opens and/or closes facilities by locking/unlocking doors and windows, and assuring security system is operable.
Issues/receives recreational equipment to authorized users. Collects applicable fees for items issued, accounts for monies collected safeguards funds and makes daily bank deposits. Pre-checks and prepares equipment for customers, explains use, and monitors proper usage. Conducts surveillance of total facility and reports any unusual findings to supervisor. Arranges furniture and equipment for various types and sizes of events; puts up and takes down special event decorations. May assist in conducting event.
Cleans recreation equipment, supplies and facility area. Operates equipment and performs self-help maintenance on facilities and equipment. Prepares work order for maintenance which cannot be completed by self-help. Policies interior and exterior areas of building and grounds and performs general housekeeping to make facilities/playing fields/pools/outdoor courts ready for use.
Prepares requirement lists for appropriated and nonappropriated supplies and equipment due to demand or need for replacement items. Monitors inventories and number and condition of items on hand. Coordinates with program staff to ensure adequate equipment is available in sufficient time to conduct program activities. Inspects equipment when turned in and collects pre-set fees for damages. Tests mechanical equipment for serviceability after each use. Removes damaged or unusable equipment from inventory.
Performs other duties as assigned.
No education required for this position.
- Demonstrate ability to performs the duties described in Vacancy Announcement.
- Must have and retain a valid drivers license (submit copy with application/resume)
- Ability to work days, nights, weekends and some Holidays.
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide all the required information as stated in the vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security Card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. Able to work days, night, weekends and some Holidays.
6. Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
7. A Medical Evaluation is required.
8. A copy of a valid driver's license is required to be submitted at the time of application.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: Minimum Qualifications; Skills and Knowledge. Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid experience or volunteer work.
Conversion of employment category (from FLEX to RPT/RFT) may be accomplished without further competition in accordance with AR 215-3.
- To successfully claim veteran's preference, your resume/supplemental data must clearly show your entitlement. Please review the information listed under the Other Requirements link on this announcement or review our on-line Job Application Kit.
- The Department of the Army provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the servicing civilian personnel unit. Requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Refusal of a military spouse to participate in established recruitment procedures (e.g. interview, KSA's, where required, etc.) is considered a declination of employment and is a basis for termination of SEP entitlement for the current PCS of the sponsor. To claim Military Spouse Preference you must have been married to the sponsor prior to the reporting date on the orders.
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- The Department of Army Nonappropriated Fund Instrumentalities is an equal opportunity employer.
The Army is a key component of the U.S. Armed Forces, providing expeditionary land forces wherever and whenever they are required. Working...