The General Surgery Residency Coordinator, hereinafter referred to as the Coordinator, under direction from the General Surgery Residency Program Director, is primarily responsible for coordinating the General Surgery Residency Program and its approximately 80 residents-in- training, hereinafter referred to as the Residency. Coordination encompasses the residency recruitment process, curriculum, schedules, business activities (e.g. payroll, but has a much broader range), finances, budget and policies and procedures. The Coordinator provides essential communication and networking for the effective functioning of a major surgery residency training program. The Coordinator represents the Residency on behalf of the Graduate Medical Education (GME) Office, the Department of Surgery, the School of Medicine, UCDHSC, and the University of Colorado. An employee in this position can be terminated at any time without notice, and severance pay may not be provided.
Additional Posting Description
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
Required Education/Experience/Skills (Minimum Qualifications)
- Organizational skills with ability to plan and organize Residency needs and activities, establish work priorities and provide follow through to ensure completion of activities, both individually and assisting others with work tasks.
- Knowledge of, or ability to, become fully competent in computer programs essential to the Residency, including the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS), OnCall (amion) scheduling tools and New Innovations. Software used will continue to change, so adaptability to new electronic programs and tools is essential.
- Ability to develop and manage budgets, and carry out fiscal responsibilities of the position.
- Ability to understand and apply regulatory requirements at the program level.
- Ability to communicate effectively with administrative personnel, physicians and other program personnel, trainees/prospective trainees, staff and other constituents, in written communications and oral presentations. Interpersonal skills working with residents and others in an environment of high volume and stress.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is required. Relevant experience in graduate medical education, higher education, medical school programs or a health sciences center setting may be substituted for education.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Graduate medical education and/or academic medical center experience.
- Proficient knowledge and working experience of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Posses and demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience that demonstrates strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail oriented and self motivated
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/pbs/
Applications are accepted electronically at www.jobsatcu.com, refer to posting 818763.
Review of applications will begin on August 26, 2012 and will continue until a finalist is identified.
Required Application Materials:When applying at www.jobsatcu.com, applicants must include:
1) A cover letter detailing why you are interested in the job and how your experience, education, and talents match the minimum and preferred qualifications.
2) A current CV/resume
3) The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
These documents are required to be uploaded
List of References
These documents are optional to be uploaded
Number of recommendation provider email addresses required to be entered in application:
Job Posting Contact
Job Posting Contact Telephone
Job Posting Contact Email
Job Posting Number
Quicklink for Posting
University of Colorado - 10 months ago
University of Colorado Hospital is the Rocky Mountain region's leading academic hospital, which means it is always among the first - and som...