Equal Employment Opportunity
This position performs a variety of project engineering role beginning from concept to manufacturing. Other responsibilities include but not limited to planning and product design. Verify product meets our internal standard and consumer needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Perform project engineering functions within team environment using an established product development template which include tasks such as:
a. Working collaboratively with team member in particularly the Brand Managers and suppliers to formulate specifications, development schedule, and test and qualification criteria to ensure new products are launched within the specific project requirements.
b. Collect and supply financial information to the team such as FOB and tooling cost of a project.
c. Evaluates designs and prototypes for performance and reliability.
d. Review test results and recommend corrective actions to ensure the product is designed using sound engineering principles.
e. Maintain and update project development histories with information including but not limiting to:
iv. Test history
In Share Point environment
f. Ensure smooth transitions from the development to the manufacturing phase of projects.
2. Searches for and promotes new ideas that might be applicable to the company¿s products.
3. Creates innovative designs in response to new product concepts and market changes.
4. Oversees development projects to improve and reduce costs of existing products and processes.
5. Support Quality team to resolve production issues.
6. Propose ideas and concepts improving the current process.
1. Must possess the ability of applying engineering principles, practices, and procedures in a minimal supervision environment.
2. Must have good organizational skills and be able to balance multiple priorities with other departments.
3. Must be creative and able to regularly contribute innovative ideas and concepts.
4. Must have the ability to interface with multiple suppliers and manufacturers.
5. Must be willing to travel.
6. Must be adept with word processors, spreadsheets, email, and internet.
7. Knowledge of Pro Engineer CAD is a plus.
Education and Experience:
1. BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
2. A minimum of eight (8) years experience in developing new products.
We participate in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V)