To obtain authorization for referrals and worker's
Compensation. To coordinate pre-op clearance and obtain authorization for patient supplies.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide personal contact with each patient.
2. Obtain all pertinent patient information accurately as required to obtain referral / worker's compensation authorization.
3. Keep a record of referrals, worker's compensation authorization and pre-op clearance in the chart and computer.
4. Fax or mail referrals, worker's compensation information and other pertinent information to the appropriate parties.
5. Speak to patients in person and on the telephone who may have referral questions.
6. Handle appeals for referrals.
7. Update referral information for office staff.
8. Act as a back up for patient access representatives and be cross-trained in medical records.
9. Other duties as assigned by supervisors.
Marginal Job Functions:
1. Keep workplace orderly and professional in appearance.
2. Travel to other Health Center locations as necessary.
3. Act as coverage for referrals.
4. Assist medical records staff as needed.
5. Assist the office staff in special projects as required.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Computer literate.
2. Adept at data entry/word processing.
3. Excellent organizational skills.
4. The ability to speak clearly and distinctly in a well-modulated and pleasant voice and to use correct grammatical constructions and choice of words.
5. Familiarity with medical terminology.
6.The ability to quickly relay messages to the appropriate personnel.
Nova Southeastern University - 2 years ago
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) gives a whole new meaning to "school of sharks." NSU, whose mascot is the deep sea predator,...