Contribute to export compliance program by carrying out proper process concerning harmonizing classification, records retention, denied parties and other departmental support as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION:
• Assist the Import Machine Scheduler with day to day operations of clearing machines and parts through U.S. Customs, issuing the pickup/delivery notices to assigned transportation carriers.
• Complete monthly insurance filings of all international whole goods and parts shipment.
• Process all related international freight bills and invoices by correct account code as well prorating cost by machines purchase orders for standard costs on import products. Also verify rates are correct based on contract tariffs applied.
• Assist with scheduling delivery of ocean containers and ocean shipments and processing all parts with proper harmonizing classifications, country or origin, and licensing requirements.
• Monitor import/export documents for proper records retention compliance. Maintain and destroy documents per regulations and company policy.
• Process the export screenings for the denied parties list, including updating a periodic log sheet.
• Assist other departmental staff on an as needed basis; participate in others special projects or duties assigned.
• HS Diploma or equivalent. College courses in business or logistics a plus.
• 2 or more years’ experience involving import/export documentation, scheduling, or related logistics work. Education or certification may substitute.
• Custom Brokerage or other relevant import/export credentials are preferred.
The Link-Belt Construction Equipment Company is a leader in the design, manufacture and sales of telescopic and lattice boom cranes, with...