Provide technical expertise to continual improvement teams, develop process methods, design/source equipment, conduct feasibility/developmental trials, execute validation requirements, draft documents/specifications/drawings, and provide on-the-job training to ensure the effective transfer/start-up of new/refined products/processes.
Specific Job Duties:
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
- Assume a lead role in managing key projects in support of site objectives. Effectively manage projects and work cooperatively with all stakeholders, with an emphasis on delivering expected results per established timelines.
- Provide engineering expertise in support of the scale-up and development of new products and the continual improvement of existing processes. This includes equipment, tooling, methods, procedures, specifications and training to ensure a timely transfer to Manufacturing.
- Manage equipment and process validations, including creation of the protocol, identification of test requirements, analysis and presentation of results and creation of the final report, in accordance with internal procedures and external regulations.
- Utilize Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing principles and appropriate tools to drive continual improvement of key operational measures, e.g. product cost, on time delivery, inventory, yields, throughput/lead time, non-conformances, etc.
- Provide timely and effective engineering support, on a daily basis, in support of manufacturing operations to ensure that production requirements and customer expectations are continually satisfied.
Bausch + Lomb is an equal opportunity employer.
B.S. Degree in Engineering or related technical discipline required. Minimum of 3 years experience in manufacturing support required; 3-5 years in ISO/FDA/GMP medical device manufacturing environment strongly preferred.
Knowledge of Lean/Six Sigma principles and methodologies. Six Sigma Green Belt certification strongly preferred. Excellent oral and written communication, team building, computer, and employee relation skills required. ACAD and PLC programming experience strongly preferred.
United States-Massachusetts-USA - Wilmington MA. Office