The University of Maryland, Baltimore Center for Information Technology Services is currently seeking an IT Enterprise Application Developer . The successful candidate will work as part of a team to develop and support the ongoing growth of UMB’s academic learning systems. UMB’s current academic learning systems consist of Blackboard, Questionmark, and Mediasite application software products. Under general direction, the selected candidate will design, develop, test, and implement enterprise-wide application software solutions to meet campus academic requirements. This role also assists in the on-going support and maintenance of these critical enterprise-wide academic production systems. |
• Designs, develops, tests and maintains enterprise-wide academic software applications. Develops, maintains, and supports the University’s eLearning applications.
• Analyzes ERP software applications and evaluates campus requirements against available solutions. Collaborates with instructional technologists, web developers, trainers, system administrators, faculty and others to develop policies, procedures, plans and actions for the effective use of eLearning systems.
• Understands and consistently applies current software development methodologies. Supports and administers eLearning applications/systems related activities across UMB’s schools and among academic representatives.
• Ensures system integrity and efficiency. Assists with the installation and testing of system updates, upgrades and other software integrated with UMB’s eLearning systems.
• Communicates and coordinates with other team members to ensure project goals are met.
• Evaluates academic learning systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
• At least 2 years experience with Academic Learning system software packages (e.g. Blackboard, MediaSite, Questionmark, etc.), or other enterprise wide application software.
• Or equivalent six (6) years combination of formal information systems & enterprise academic learning systems application experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of best practices in academic learning systems.
• Knowledge of course development, course set up, and maintenance of online courses.
• Knowledge of instructional methods, including an understanding of how technology through online delivery of instructional content, can enhance teaching and learning.
• Ability to support and test complex system updates and upgrades.
• Analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and implement solutions.
• Ability to collaborate with clients and/or other members of the team to translate functional requirements into technical specifications.
• Ability to troubleshoot development/production/integration issues with other technical staff.
• Ability to multi-task in work that is complex and varied in nature.
• Ability to support users and assist them in the use of application software.
• Ability to provide support to and work collaboratively with senior-level staff.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to understand and develop systems work flow and logic flowcharts.
• Familiarity with database design concepts and network operating systems.
• Familiarity with client/server technologies and web applications.
• Ability to keep current with emerging software and programming technologies/techniques.
• Good customer support and service, using a pro-active customer service philosophy.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
Filing Deadline: 3/14/2013
Posting Date: 2/15/2013
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.