The Field Operations Manager is responsible for the leadership of an in-home technical workgroup to achieve business results and goals. |
• Review customer metric data and develops plan to improve satisfaction levels
• Utilize workforce planning process to develop staffing requirements that allow for profitable growth and customer satisfaction. (Sales, Technical, Clerical, Supervisory)
• Monitor key performance to state of service, cost per call and productivity
• Recognize and act upon every opportunity to drive revenue through the embedment of the Value Added Services Program (VASP) throughout the district.
• Partner with routing manager to adjust, improve, and compare actual hours to planner hours; conduct variance analysis by workgroups/call loads.
• Partners with the Region Routing Office to adjust and improve the routing process, as well as, to ensure technician data (schedules, seed points, profiles) is accurate.
• Foster positive employee relations through ready meetings, frequent tech rides, focus groups, phone calls, SST messages, handling associate complaints and employee recognition and award meetings.
• Analyzes and reports daily, monthly and annual business performance trends (revenue, cost
management, profitability, customer satisfaction, etc.) and develops and/or recommends strategic
solutions to improve business performance and meet EBITDA goals
• Implement, direct, adhere and ensure compliance to all applicable laws, regulations, and company
policies, company values and code of conduct
• Responsible for the recruitment, and hiring, and performance management and career pathing of direct reports
• Partner with the loss prevention to reduce shrinkage
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Maintain detailed records of all associate training and evaluations.
Specific Essential Functions:
• Communicate with staff and associates through frequent meetings, and. Ensure all managers both
technical and branch hold regular ready meetings with their associates
• Train associates to develop their product knowledge/technical skills, customer service skills and
• Follow and ensure compliance of the Safety/Environmental Manual and program via ISO Safety Matrix.
• Act with urgency to meet and resolve customers' needs and problems and develop associates'
commitment to act with urgency.
• Maintain a high level of “in stock” parts inventory for both branch units and trucks, to adequately serve the customers needs.
• 4 year college degree preferred
• Clear background check and drug test
• 2 years management experience and/or assignments that demonstrate leadership ability preferably in a virtual environment
• In states where HVAC and/or refrigeration technicians must take and pass a State Licensing Test, the Technical Managers supervising these technicians must also take and pass the State Licensing Test
Job Specific Technical Competencies
Make fact-based decisions, but exercise creativity, and take responsible risks. Demonstrate effective problem solving and resolution skills when working with customers and coaching associates Demonstrate ability to manage a virtual workforce and effectively communicate via non-traditional means. Display the use of effective decision making skills. Ability to multitask and effectively manage time. Ability to adapt and be an advocate for change. Effectively use payroll planner software (Access) to ensure appropriate staffing to customer transaction patterns. Ability to handle stressful situations and work in a fast-paced environment Ability to read, analyze and utilize reports. Ability to use computer systems to input, access, modify, or output information or to execute programs or analyses. Commitment to safety – Use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Excellent two-way communication skills with virtual workforce Understanding of the business and has the ability to communicate the goals of Home Services to associates. Performance of miscellaneous duties as assigned. Applicants holding a master-level trade / occupational license(s), i.e. HVAC/Mechanical, Electrical, General Contractor, Plumbing, which may be used to qualify Sears, may be given hiring preference and additional compensation based on business needs. Please indicate the type of license held, state in which it is valid, and the expiration date on your resume and/or application.
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 21 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...