117586BR Job Family Engineering Job Category Full-Time Job Classification Experienced/Established Division Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain Shift First Relocation Assistance Within Region Overview
Abbott is a global, broad-based health care company devoted to the discovery, development, manufacture and marketing of pharmaceuticals and medical products, including nutritionals, devices and diagnostics. The company employs approximately 91,000 people and markets its products in more than 130 countries. Job Description PRIMARY FUNCTION / PRIMARY GOALS / OBJECTIVES:
To maintain plant operating department's equipment, systems and other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality and productivity at the lowest possible cost while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements.
To provide electrical, mechanical & instrument maintenance support as required, to provide process systems expertise throughout facility, to act as special project engineer in the maintenance area, to support the Plant Project Engineering group as electrical and mechanical resource on various projects.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system. Senior Process Engineer.
This position could also require the responsibilities listed below.
- Plant support for all processes and automated equipment in the production area. Ensure that equipment and installations comply with applicable GMP, regulatory, safety and environment requirements.
- Training of electricians and instrument technicians.
- A technical resource to projects working in the plant for electrical and mechanical systems.
- Provide leadership by working with Operations to troubleshoot and correct equipment process problems and to make improvements through the use of innovative concepts and technologies.
- Management of cost improvement projects including project scope development, project schedules, budgets, contract management, execution of work and validation.
- A guide to outside software programmers for plant systems and standards.
- Review project designs for correct application.
- A resource for all manufacturing areas in the maintenance and process area.
- Support Quality Systems and Operations for review, analysis and correction of issues impacting production batch releases.
- Provide electrical, instrumentation and mechanical direction for Plant Maint.
ACCOUNTABILITY / SCOPE:
- Cost Reduction/Productivity Improvement- Areas of focus will include application of new technologies to improve operations and manufacturing processes, optimization of existing processes and equipment to reduce labor and/or material use, and incorporation of cost justified productivity enhancing features in the new system designs.
- Manufacturing Operations Technical Support- Provide expertise to implement line improvements and optimizations, streamline equipment changeover, support revalidations, and provide evaluations of alternative manufacturing processes. Provide support for troubleshooting major technical issues within Operations. Manage non-capital based engineering projects and tasks in operations. Provide root cause analysis for exception reports (ERs) and Potential Nonconformities (PNCs), provide engineering interface for issues related to quality of commodities, and provide input into the plant’s Capital Project Long Range Plan.
- Be a liaison for the plant to the FDA and other outside organizations for the calibration program.
This position has a direct impact on productivity and performance throughout the plant. This includes proper utilization of headcount and equipment. The position also directly impacts product quality in the production operations. This position is accountable for regulatory compliance of the Maintenance operation including equipment change control. This position is one in which performance can be directly measured in end results. Examples of the potential for negative results are:
1) Poor line performance resulting in lost product or overtime required.
2) Jeopardizing a batch or a number of batches if equipment such as seamers and sterilizers, are not functioning correctly.
3) Poor performance could place Abbott Nutrition in a position where FDA inspections or Corporate Compliance Audits could cite violations of regulations that would be serious quality concerns, possibly resulting in recalls or a temporary production shutdown. Skills/Experience Requirements Basic Qualifications:
Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritionals. A knowledge of instrumentation and electrical devices. A plc programming and controls background. A knowledge of plant processes. Good communication skills, both written and verbal required. Strong technical and leadership skills required. These communications, technical and leadership skills, are required due to the high degree of interaction with many levels and areas of technical matters and motivational needs of the department.
Abbott Laboratories - 9 months ago
Filling baby bottles and treating disease... these are the habits of Abbott. Abbott Laboratories is a top health care products manufacturer....