Job Title: PM Hot Bar Cook
FLSA Status: Hourly
Reports To: Kitchen Manager
Responsible for ensuring that all company policies and procedures are being followed and that department goals are being obtained. Contributes to store sales and profitability by effectively managing all aspects of the hot bar such as stock levels, inventory, and customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Provide customer service to guests
2) Watches over hot bar
- Assist guests with finding items they are looking for
- Take orders or special requests for the hot bar
3) Do all prep for hot bar
- Keeps an eye on all levels of the hot bar
- Fill everything when needed, making sure to be fresh at 4pm.
- Clean off counter often
- Take temperatures of food
- When filling, making sure to keep everything rotated and fresh
- Ensure that shrinking of items is done properly
- Label items clearly for customers
- Garnish hot bar, making everything looking presentable
4) Keep everything clean and tidy
- Cook items that day time hot bar has specified to use
- Fry chicken, wedges, french fries, etc.
- Boil soups
5) Nighttime Cleanup
- Entire case must be clean and organized
- Wiping down hot bar and soups
- Take down and vacuum hot bar
- Do all dishes
- Clean up fryers and ovens
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Ability to deal tactfully and effectively with customers and all personnel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Complete understanding of all safety requirements and company safety policies
- Knowledge of perishable food
- Requires proper training and knowledge of the following equipment/procedures: slicers, dishwasher, baler, oven, trash compactor, fryer, hot bar, soup holders, stove top, cook and hold, blaster and chiller, etc.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace and multitask
- Must be self-motivated
- Must be able to handle working at fast speeds
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures
- The PM Hot Bar position is a part time hourly position scheduled less than 35 hours per week
- The shift to be worked will usually be 2pm-10pm, but may vary, including weekends, weekdays, and holidays.
Festival Foods - 21 months ago
At Festival Foods, we're not simply selling groceries, we're on a mission!
Festival Foods employs more than 4,700 associates who serve...