This is a unique opportunity to leverage your strong copy editing skills and digital media savvy to take ownership of our newly added QA Producer role. You'll work on the cutting-edge of journalism, focusing exclusively on digital content. As with a traditional copy editor, you'll be responsible for reviewing copy to ensure it is journalistically sound, but you'll be doing it in real-time, just after it has posted to our website. You'll also serve as an SEO master, ensuring keyword density, distinguishing content from similar pages, and editing for optimal placement in search results. If you're ready to take your place in a pivotal role and build your career around modern journalism, this is your opportunity to shine. Prove yourself, and in time you could be promoted to another role within our organization.
To be a strong fit for the QA Producer opportunity, you will need:
NOLA Media Group is a digitally-focused news organization encompassing all content, marketing and sales operations for NOLA.com and The Times-Picayune. By bringing together the quality journalism and in-depth coverage of The Times-Picayune with the up-to-the-minute information of NOLA.com, we are ensuring the communities we serve have 24/7 access to what's happening locally and around the world.
- A bachelor's degree in Journalism, English or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- A minimum of three years of recent/relevant experience in a real-time, digital news environment
- Strong editing skills and news judgment
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
- Excellent command of search engine optimization concepts
- Solid experience with the full-range of e-communications marketing tools, including social media
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, team-focused environment
- Click the "Apply" button for further details...
NOLA Media Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, physical or mental impairment, sexual orientation or any other category protected under federal, state or local law.
NOLA Media Group endeavors to make NOLA.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.