U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants must possess an active, Federal Government Security Clearance or be willing to undergo a Federal Government background investigation to secure the required clearance.
**THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON TASK ORDER AWARD**
Intelligent Decision is hiring in automated litigation support (ALS) encompassing a wide range of professional services and products that help attorneys acquire, organize, analyze, develop, and present evidence throughout the course of litigation, from pre-filing investigation, through complaint, discovery, and trial, through post-trial briefs and the appeals process. Through the use of professional litigation support services and advanced tools for litigation support, the litigating attorney can use evidence and information effectively to win lawsuits.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of IT systems set up by the Government to provide automated litigation support IT resources to specific cases.
- For large scale systems, the System Administrator (I or II) may assist and back up the Senior System Administrator. For more moderately sized systems, may be responsible for the entire installation.
- Responsible for keeping the systems and services up and running; monitoring, analyzing and optimizing server and system performance, including making recommendations for improving performance; performing scheduled system backups; assigning user IDs and passwords; allocating and tracking disk space; providing consulting support and advice to, and coordinating with, IT users responsible for specific applications/databases on the servers; identifying and ordering needed supplies, hardware, software and accessories; and performing hardware and software upgrades.
- Implements and enforces system, facility, and data security measures, including resources and procedures for patch management, security reporting, and disaster recovery.
- Administers not only hardware and operating system software, but also database and other applications software.
- Coordinates with the technical staff on all these issues, and coordinates as well as with the office automation network administration staff on issues having to do with office automation networks.
- Reports on progress.
- Develops tools for system-wide use in developing applications; prepares system documentation.
- May have some supervisory responsibilities.
- At least three years hands-on, directly applicable experience actually doing the work of implementing the kinds of systems being set up - e.g., UNIX, Windows,etc. - will generally be expected.
- It is essential that the individual actually have done the work of designing, obtaining equipment and software, installing, integrating, testing, etc., in the environment required.
- Must have a good understanding of the specific applications and application software, e.g., Oracle, Concordance, web hosting, etc.
- CNE certification highly desirable.
- At least one year of experience setting up large scale database management applications, using the applicable database management software.
- MS Windows experience required.
- Experience in storage technology planning, performance capacity planning and modeling, applications planning, human factors issues, distributed processing, business process analysis.
- Requires at least six months experience on the job at the specific installation being administered.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's IT environments, including office automation networks and PC and server based databases and applications.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of the Government's security requirements (i.e. NIST, E-Gov, FIPS, FISMA, and customer regulations).
- Litigation support experience helpful.
- Proven management skills preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- Undergraduate degree preferred; preferably in the computer science or management information/technology disciplines.
Since 1988, Intelligent Decisions (ID) has been developing innovative IT solutions to solve the most challenging requirements of our client,...