As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 21,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services. General Dynamics Information Technology is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
1) Implement secure posturing guidelines (specifically DISA Linux STIGs), to include conducting manual and automated security audits using DISA STIGs and scanning tools such as Retina, Nessus, and others.
2) Deploy numerous versions of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems within a mixed network environment.
3) Collect software patches and develop installation discs for deployment in geographically dispersed isolated network environments (no internet connections).
4) Troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues arising from the introduction of patches to said systems, and provide end user technical support.
5) Add/revoke/change file share permissions.
6) Upgrade and replace server hardware.
7) Participate in change configuration management processes, including maintaining documentation, server, RAID, and network security.
8) Manage and monitor DHCP, and allocate IP addressing by using DHCP, resolve host names by using DNS, resolve network basic input / output system (Net BIOS) names by using WINS, secure network traffic by using IPsec and certificates, manage and monitor network access, and configure routing and remote access service.
9) Implement Windows deployment which automates PC imaging and resolved SID system log issues on domain controllers.
10) Manage and monitor network access, and provide Microsoft Windows Server operating system support for team members.
11) Develop and maintain Linux scripts to automate administrative tasks.
12) Monitor Windows systems and servers for performance issues and stability concerns.
13) Perform regular application installations, configurations, and day-to-day administration.
14) Troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
15) Manage account setup, permissions, and maintenance in Microsoft Server 2008.
16) Active Directory maintenance and support.
17) Special projects as assigned.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
1) Two years of Linux System Administration experience required.
2) Two years of Windows Administration experience required.
3) One year of Information Assurance experience required.
4) Experience implementing DISA STIGs or similar Security Policies is required.
5) Experience with application and operating system security processes, including virus scan management is required.
6) Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP), hardware and software network security, name services, and load balancing is required.
7) Experience with network attached storage devices and experience with Unix/Linux and Windows server systems interoperability is required.
Desired Certifications: Red Hat Certified Technician or Engineer (RHCT, or RHCE), CompTIA Security+, Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Additional Desired Skills and Experience:
1) Knowledge and support of Group Policy configurations.
2) Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
3) Exceptional attention to detail and time management/organizational skills.
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
5) Willingness and ability to independently learn and develop new skills on a regular basis in order to meet day to day operation requirements.
6) Experience managing Cisco switches, and familiarity with Symantec Ghost Solutions Suite.
7) Familiarity with RAID disk technologies, and knowledge of Server Applications and familiarity with Backup software and strategies.
8) Experience with of each of the following technologies: SMTP, SNMP, SNTP, POP, FTP, SSL, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS, telnet, SFTP, DNS, RDP, TCP, ICMP, and UDP is required.
Security Clearance Level
Security Clearance Basis
National Agency Check (NLC)
Security Clearance Polygraph
Job ID Number
Potential for Deployment
General Dynamics - IT - 22 months ago
General Dynamics Corporation (General Dynamics) offers a portfolio of products and services in business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons...