At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Unix Systems Administrator with multiple operating system support and troubleshooting experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. Supports the installation, configuration, and maintenance of the organization's server and desktop operating systems. Installs new software releases and system upgrades. Installs, configures, and maintains workstations and all servers. Schedules installations and upgrades. Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Monitors and fine-tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Conducts routine hardware and software audits. Provides recommendations for hardware and system software planning and budgeting. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation. Evaluates and installs patches and resolves software-related problems. Analyzes and resolves problems associated with servers, hardware, and software. Troubleshoots networking and operating system problems.
This position is to become a member of our highly technical Midrange support team. Dealing with a large number of distinct Unix/Linux operating systems, this position will provide superb support to our internal and external customers. Current technologies in place include clustering, virtualization and SAN.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include:
Successful applicants will exemplify US Bank's ethical principles of uncompromising integrity, respect for others, accountability
- Working in a fast-paced server environment, that includes support of both virtualized and physical Linux/UNIX hardware.
- Daily administrative tasks that range from incident support, performance and tuning, and troubleshooting of high-end application/database servers.
- Consulting with application teams under going industry security certifications such as: PCI (Payment Card Industry), SOX (Sarbanes-Oxley), and GLBA(Gramm-Leach_Bliely).
for decisions and actions, and good citizenship.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 6 years experience with the design, development and support of technology infrastructure.
Basic understanding in:
- Veritas Storage Foundation experience in a SAN environment preferably EMC
- Performance and Troubleshooting experience in a Linux environment
- Network configuration experience in a Linux environment (Red Hat/SuSE preferred)
- Network troubleshooting experience in a Linux environment (Red Hat/SuSE preferred)
Working experience in:
Extensive experience in:
- IT service management (ITSM)
- Information security management
- IT systems management
- Hardware infrastructure
- Software distribution
- System software infrastructure
- Release management
1st - Daytime
Additional Scheduling Information
Average Hours Per Week
U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) is a diversified financial services holding company and parent company of U.S. Bank, the nation's fifth largest...