QinetiQ North America’s Services & Solutions Group delivers aerospace operations and systems, engineering and life-cycle management, IT solutions and services, software and systems engineering, and missions solutions. Our core offerings include: space engineering, software solutions and enterprise IT, cyber intelligence, systems integration and engineering, training, modeling and simulation, logistics and life-cycle management.
QinetiQ North America is an AA/EEO Employer.
The position will be a full-time member of an existing system administration group working on maintaining and enhancing a scientific computing network. The network is used for developing new geophysical models for the US Navy. Responsibilities will include maintaining multiple Linux servers and assisting in maintaining multiple Linux workstations. Parallel computing resources are part of the network and must be maintained and enhanced. All machines must be maintained to DoD security standards. Responsibilities include investigating and recommending upgrades to the network for improved functionality and reliability.
Maintains data files and control procedures for a complex system of networked computers or for a single group of microcomputers linked to a host workstation, or mainframe. Responsible for system security and data integrity. Assigns passwords and monitors use of resources, backs up files as required and responds to management requests for information. Provides technical guidance to lesser-experienced systems administrators.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.
- At least three years experience with Linux is required.
- Position is at Stennis Space Center MS.
- Red Hat Certified System Admin. (RHCSA) or equivalent
- Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or equivalent desired
- Experience administering DoD computer systems desired
- Experience with parallel computing systems desired
QinetiQ North America - 19 months ago