PRINT PAGE | CLOSE WINDOW
Mechanical Engineer I
The Mechanical Engineer I provides timely, accurate, and cost efficient engineering services both in the office and in the field; and by maintaining or exceeding expectations.
- Effectively deal with difficult situations and confrontation both internally and externally with contractors and clients.
- Perform all responsibilities with attention to detail and deadlines.
- Must project a professional, positive attitude and exercise confidentiality.
- Work effectively both independently and as team member.
- Understand, interpret, participate in, and implement company-mandated safety policies.
- Travel is required; may work overtime, especially during the construction season.
Responsibilities include planning, design, construction, start up assistance, and maintenance in the areas of mechanical (process flow equipment and pipelines) structural, water resources, and construction.
- Assist with projects to include design, plans, specifications, reports, maps, environmental impacts, permits, contracts, schedules, estimates, surveying, data collection, construction observation, and field investigation.
- Provide engineering services with accuracy, on time and under budget.
- Use computer assisted engineering, design, and drafting software and equipment to prepare engineering and design documents.
- Understand and follow company established standard CADD procedures for file structure and standard drawing procedures for projects.
- Become familiar with plans and specifications, maps, and related material for each project and be able to utilize the information appropriately.
- Assists in client contact and communication.
- Utilize effective communication skills to answer inquiries from coworkers, clients, or the public.
- Public involvement may include producing reports, graphics, presentations, and other visual material as well as occasional speaking or meeting with stakeholders.
- Attend internal and external meetings.
- Provide all engineering services in a legal and ethical manner.
- Serve as onsite project representative. Reviews construction site to monitor progress and other duties per the contract documents.
A Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university is required and 0-5 years of experience. A FE (Fundamentals of Engineering) certificate is highly desired. The individual must interact with people at all levels and communicate effectively. Strong computer skills, detail-oriented, self-starter, leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills are essential. A valid drivers license is required, or the ability to obtain one.
Hours and Travel:
This position requires the individual to work 40 hours per week with 100% of time spent in the office. During construction season 40% of the time is in the field and 60% in the office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and move up to ten pounds and occasionally lift and move up to seventy-five pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The noise level on the construction site is often loud.
Required Documents to Apply:
- Two documents are required for us to process your application.
- They must be separate and in PDF or Microsoft Word format:
- Cover Letter - you may address your letter to HR Recruiter
- Do not use extra punctuation or spaces when naming your documents.
- Use "john_resume.doc" instead of "john.resume.doc" or "john's resume.pdf"
KLJ - 22 months ago
For over 75 years, KLJ has provided engineering and planning solutions for local, regional and national infrastructure projects. KLJ...