The Department of Language, Literacy, and Special Education ( LLSE ) at Central Washington University ( CWU ) in Ellensburg invites applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor in Special Education with emphases in curriculum and instructional strategies and beginning fall quarter, 2013.
Responsibilities: The person hired for this position will join a collegial team of active, student-centered faculty who consider it a privilege to prepare students for the special education profession. The successful candidate will primarily teach undergraduate and graduate special education courses and supervise special education practicum students in P-12 school settings. Principle instructional responsibilities will include courses in curriculum and instructional strategies in special education. Other teaching opportunities may include courses in early childhood special education, inclusion/mainstreaming, and/or others as determined by candidate’s strengths and interests. Some distance education and/or off-campus teaching may be required. In addition to teaching, all tenure-track faculty members in the DOLLSE are expected to actively engage in scholarship and service activities.
*Additional summer teaching is available.
- Earned Doctorate in Special Education or in Education with Special Education emphasis from an accredited university. ABDs will be considered if completed by September 1, 2013.
- Evidence of collaborating with colleagues or peers
- Evidence of utilization of research based teaching strategies
- Three or more years teaching experience at the p-12 grade level in special education or related field.
- Experience in effective field supervision, especially special education or inclusive settings.
- Involvement in professional organizations related to special education
- University-level teaching experience.