Reports to Network General Counsel with matrix reporting to a Network CEO. The Associate General Counsel is responsible for serving as a member of the CHP Law Firm, serving as real estate counsel for CHP, and representing and providing legal counsel to a Network of CHP.
The Associate General Counsel shall provide or coordinate the provision of all legal services with a focus on timeliness and customer service and shall endeavor to understand and promote the clients’ legal and business needs. The Associate General Counsel will partner with the CHP law firm and all of its members and its services.
It is expected that all of the Principal Duties and Responsibilities identified below will be performed in a manner that reflects the values of Catholic Health Partners which are: Excellence, Human Dignity, Justice, Compassion, Sacredness of Life and Service.
• Participate as an active member of the CHP Law firm dedicated to enhancing the quality of legal services and customer service in a cost effective and efficient manner for CHP and all of its entities.
• Provide or arrange for the provision of all legal services on behalf of a Network.
• Act as lead counsel for one or more subject matter areas of expertise on behalf of CHP.
• Assist in the development of CHP policies through a multidisciplinary process and lead the implementation of policies in the Network.
• Assist with the establishment of legal infrastructure by developing, contributing to and/or maintaining guidelines or policies to address employee issues, contracting issues, patient case issues or governance issues.
• Provide legal support for partnership and affiliation relationships.
• Provide guidance and oversight in assigned Network regarding the Corporate Responsibility Program. Assume leadership of investigations of serious breach of laws or regulations and direct resolutions for a Network.
• Provide guidance and oversight in assigned Network regarding a regional Physician Services and strategies.
• Provide legal support and oversight in assigned Network of development of patient care matters, medical staff policies and procedures and management of medical staff claims.
• Provide guidance or manage legal assistance needed regarding regulatory issues, including licensing requirements, The Joint Commission, governmental investigations, etc.
• Assist with the management of the utilization of legal services of law firms.
• Improve knowledge and ability to perform responsibilities by attending continuing legal education programs and organizational development and leadership programs.
• Actively participate in organizational development and service excellence programs and incorporate and support the Core Values and the Mission and Philosophy of CHP.