FTS USA is seeking an experienced Underground Crew Leader. The Underground Crew Leader will orchestrate the daily completion of work assigned by the Project Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but may not be limited to the following:
• Assess daily work requests and prepare necessary equipment for successful completion
• Assignment of duties to labor/crew for daily completion
• Work with underground equipment, specifically a directional boring machine and locator to locate underground obstructions
• Place cable in the ground or air as required to job specifications
• Maintain underground communication for CATV
• Complete all paperwork for assigned jobs
• Operate equipment necessary to complete the work
• Perform maintenance on all equipment
• Ensures all work is done according to quality standards
• Adheres to safety policy
• Other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5 years of experience working with a directional boring machine and locater
• Good verbal communication and customer service skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Must pass pre-employment testing (motor vehicle, drug and background)
FTS USA is a dynamic and growing company that provides cable installation and services to major cable companies throughout the U.S. With a well capitalized and nationwide presence, FTS USA offers flexible staff deployment cross-country and unsurpassed quality control standards.
FTS USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, age, handicap or veteran status. All qualified applicants will be given equal opportunity. Selection decisions are based on job-related factors.
FTS USA - 18 months ago