The Senior Manager is directly responsible for planning, leading, and overseeing of the execution of the information technology audits and major application development activities within the property and casualty insurance business.
Reporting Line: This position reports directly to the Director of Integrated Audit.
- Lead the risk identification process and development and execution of the IT audit program as part of the global internal audit team.
- Create a high-performing team environment while working closely with global internal audit partners.
- Be a partner and counselor to all members of the team; regularly express a point-of-view; challenge and provide advice about risk and control considerations with a constructive and respected style.
- Maintain a strong ongoing relationship with the clients, regulators, and external auditors.
- Knowledge of property and casualty insurance operations is required - including underwriting, premium billing, claims, reinsurance, and finance/accounting.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in accounting information systems, accounting, or related discipline.
- Strong audit and technology background and understanding of full technology life cycle, minimum 10-15 years experience.
- Demonstrated leader of team and among peers; ability to attract, develop and retain top talent.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage well through ambiguity and complexity.
- Consistently execute and follow-through to completion and documentation
- Prepared to raise tough issues directly with clients and with a clear point-of-view.
- Strong communication skills – written and oral.
- Comfortable as part of a global management team with a focus on a high level of communication, coordination, and consistency.
- Ability to judge situations and people based on facts; make risk/reward tradeoffs; consider costs and benefits when evaluating situations.
- Background in audit is required; CISA is required; CPA a plus.
- Flexibility to travel - as required (Boston, MA, Greensboro, NC, and Toronto, Canada).
- Spanish language skills are a plus.
- Must have knowledge of property and casualty insurance operations - including underwriting, premium billing, claims, reinsurance, and finance/accounting.
- Ability to coordinate audit scope and approach with financial/operational counterparts and incorporate application controls as part of the business process audit.
- Knowledge of data privacy requirements/practices.
- Knowledge of vendor management and the risks associated with outsourcing.
- Must be able to lead the execution of pre-implementation audits; must have a thorough understanding of the business risks involved in a system development lifecycle methodology.
- Working knowledge of various technologies, applications, operating systems, data bases, end user computing, networks, etc. (including DB2, SQL, web services, Windows, firewalls, disaster recovery, ITIL, COBIT).
- IT general controls (security, change management, disaster backup recovery, etc.)
- Manage relationships and communication with business partners, internal audit personnel, and external auditors.
- Consistently enhance the department’s contributions by developing innovative approaches and solutions to address client issues.
- Make presentations in a clear and concise manner to senior audiences.
- Provide direction to the team regarding scope and execution and modify work plans accordingly
- Work with clients in a consulting role to add value and address unresolved critical problems and exposures.
- Participate in other projects as required.
Chartis - 9 months ago
Even to this day American International Group (AIG) is one of the world's largest insurance firms. While it held the spotlight for stag...