Tired of working nights and weekends? Would you like to empower your community to be better and healthier? APS Healthcare has an exciting opportunity for an RN Care Manager for the Chittenden county area in VT. Hours are Monday - Friday with hours varying from 8am - 6pm. This position does NOT require weekends, holidays or on-call hours!
At APS Healthcare, we are passionate about changing behaviors of all constituents in the healthcare system to improve health, optimize clinical quality, and reduce associated costs. Our mission, quite simply, is to improve the health of those we serve.
The Vermont Chronic Care Initiative is improving care coordination for Vermonters with chronic illness and helping to reduce avoidable costs of care. We use innovative technology for care management, delivery of evidence-based interventions; pharmacy analysis and prescriber feedback along with collaboration with providers and individual telephonic work with patients.
The RN Care Manager develops and maintains strong, positive relationships with healthcare providers (acute, ambulatory, medical and behavioral) to ensure high-risk, high-cost members have open access and appropriate care. The key individual in this role will ensure open flow of communication between providers, community-based teams and telephonic care coordination efforts.
• Highly collaborative with existing care coordination and community health programs/teams to ensure that APS interventions are aligned and consistent with those efforts.
• Contacts and visits community providers (hospitals, ambulatory providers of medical and behavioral healthcare) who serve high-risk, high-cost members.
• Delivers to providers’ demographic, medication history, clinical alerts and evidence-based recommendations for high-risk, high-cost members.
• Provides consultation to providers on strategies to “close” gaps in care and reduce fragmentation of care, including leveraging care management staff to impact appointments, medication and treatment adherence.
• Maintains a case load (typically 50 or less members) of telephonically care managed high risk members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
• RN with an active, unrestricted license in the state of Vermont.
• CCM certification preferred.
• Minimum 5 years clinical experience.
• Previous experience in care management, quality improvement, medical record reviews, disease management, office nursing, and/or case management preferred.
• Behavioral health experience helpful.
• Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid needs of medically and socially fragile patients.
• Knowledge of adult learning and behavior change principles.
• Ability to create successful partnerships with providers.
• Ability to collaborate with others in team and cross-team settings.
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Internet/Web Navigation.
• Strong prioritization and organizational skills.
***This position requires routine travel to multiple worksites.***