As a Certified Lube/Tire Technician you will work in a Wingfoot Truck Care Center which is an "on-highway" location providing light mechanical service and tire service to the Commercial Trucking industry. You must be TIA certified and will perform the following service on commercial highway trucks and trailers: - Tire Service - Repair, replacement, mounting and balancing.- Preventive Maintenance - Complete lube, oil change, filter service and brake adjustment.- Coolant System - Drain & fill.You will also: - Understand and adhere to all safety standards- Ensure facility is "sparkling clean" in all aspects at all times - Perform all other duties as assigned.This position may be scheduled to work shifts including: days, typically beginning at 7:00 AM; evenings beginning at 3:00 PM; and nights beginning at 11:00 PM.This job pays a base hourly wage and an additional commission based on service labor sales.This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.Excellent safety and attendance performance is expected.
- Must be willing to follow all safety procedures and work in a safe manner.
- Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Must be a self-starter and willing to take the initiative, able and willing to work without direct supervision, and be willing to attend appropriate training sessions.
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- At least 3 months of relevant commercial truck service experience is preferred.
- TIA Certification preferred (dependent upon tech level).
- Must possess wrenches from 1/4" to 3/4" and screwdrivers.
- Good oral and written communication ability.
- Must be willing to work scheduled shifts including nights and weekends.
- Must be able to pass a background check including employment history, SSN verification, criminal history, etc.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam and drug test (hair-based).
- Must have a valid driver's license for the type of vehicle required for the position and be able to meet commercial driver qualification requirements, including be at least 21 years of age.
Goodyear Tire & Rubber - 20 months ago
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. A Fortune 500 company, we employ approximately 73,000 people and manufacture our...