Lead CAD Designer |
We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
The Systems Engineer designs robotic systems and laboratory automation devices to meet customer specifications using SolidWorks. Additionally, this designer should be capable of developing as built engineering schematics of physical models, pneumatic assemblies and electrical circuits. The qualified candidate should have strong design capabilities with SolidWorks. A strong product development background for lab, medical or consumer products is beneficial. The qualified individual will work closely with mechanical and electrical engineers to design custom robotics and instrumentation.
• Design custom robotic systems to meet customer requirements under guidance of engineering and sales team.
• Develop as built engineering documents for new and existing products. Including: physical schematics and manufacturing documentation.
• Organize Bill-of-Materials (BOMs)
• Interact with customers to develop requirements for product and system design.
• Ability to be the bridge between various departments to ensure timely results
• Review Designs for robotic system with project team.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• MS in mechanical engineering.
• 2+ years of relevant experience required.
• Expert level SolidWorks user (2012 preferred).
• Experience with PDMWorks.
• Requires high attention to detail.
• All work product documents must be publication/presentation worthy.
• Excellent Problem solving skills, required to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively.
• Work effectively as lead and individually.
• Excellent communication skills.
HighRes Biosolutions - 18 months ago