There will be two positions filled for this role. The hours required for the selected candidates will be one selection for the 7:15 a.m. - 3:45 p.m. shift and one selection for the 7:45 a.m. -4:15 p.m. shift. Additionally, the selected candidates must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
JOB SUMMARY: Provides excellent sales and service support to NW Bank customers. Transacts business in accordance with government regulations, account provisions, and internal procedures and controls. Uses knowledge of banking products to address different types of inquiries. Analyzes and resolves routine account and/or customer service issues. Uncovers routine sales opportunities and markets Bank products to customers. Turns service inquiries into sales opportunities.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Bank Supervisor/Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
1. Serves as a first point of contact for Bank customer service and sales inquiries. Maintains records of conversations and uses knowledge and understanding of the processing systems to meet the customer's needs.
2. Provides excellent service to customers in support of bank service and sales objectives. Uses active listening skills to respond promptly and accurately to customer needs. Educates customer on bank product features and benefits, and communicates product information using easy to understand methods.
3. Establishes and maintains basic bank accounts and products at the request of new and existing customers.
4. Analyzes and deciphers problems to determine proper course of action. Works with other bank areas to resolves routine account and/or customer service issues. Engages bank administrative and operations support staff where appropriate to assist with issue resolution, and follows-up with customer to ensure completion.
5. Engages Bank customers to build and retain their assets with NW Bank, and probes to understand reasons for asset flight.
6. Uncovers routine sales opportunities and markets Bank products to customers. Turns service inquiries into sales opportunities.
7. Maintains records related to Bank customers. Documents conversations accurately.
8. Uncovers bank sales opportunities through routine customer interactions. Uses knowledge of banking products to recommend bank products that can provide financial solutions to customers.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Undergraduate studies preferred.
Experience: One year experience in customer service, sales, cash handling, or related occupations.
Knowledge: Knowledge of various banking and/or financial products.
Skills/Competencies: Customer Focus, Interpersonal Savvy, Consultative, Drive for Results, Optimism, Dealing with Ambiguity, Listening, Patience, Problem Solving, Technical Knowledge, Decision Quality.
Staffing exceptions to the above Minimum Job Requirements must be approved by: Manager and HR Manager.
Working Conditions: Call center, branch or office environment.
Overtime Eligibility: Nonexempt (Eligible)
ADA: The above statements cover what are generally believed to the principal and essential function of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some associated assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Nationwide is a high-performing organization, and we continue to prove it every day. Our Property and Casualty Division sells a unique mix...