The Simulation Developer will play an integral role on the Technology team with two primary responsibilities:
First, using cutting edge gaming technology, the Simulation Developer will be responsible for the development, improvement, and upkeep of a 3D simulation platform built upon a versatile game engine for the purpose of creating realistic and engaging virtual shopping experiences. Building on top of this platform, the Simulation Developer will be responsible for executing projects for clients, (including implementing project specific functionality), developing tools to quicken the project pipeline, and preparing environments and art provided by our Design team.
Second, the Simulation Developer’s will be responsible for thinking about the future. In this capacity, he/she will utilize our platform to develop new applications and product offerings that will be used by internal staff and sold in the market.
The Simulation Developer must work collaboratively across multiple teams: Project management, industry expert virtual researchers, the design/art team, and software engineering team to create and enhance simulations for client projects. Additionally, the Simulation Developer will work with the Product team and other members of the engineering staff to develop new tools and applications. This role requires a working knowledge of game engine use and implementation, as well as a strong game scripting/programming background.
- Work with members of multiple teams to simultaneously execute a variety of simulations
- Work with other members of the engineering team and the Product team to design and develop new applications of our game engine and platform
- Work with other members of the Simulation Development team to develop tools and improve our current simulation platform
- Use a modern game engine to execute projects and develop 3D virtual applications
- Develop tools and applications to quicken and ease the project pipeline
InContext is all about people. We are committed to finding, training and growing fun, interesting and ambitious people who demonstrate integrity, intelligence and the ability to make things happen. The ideal candidate is a strong developer, possessing knowledge and experience with modern game development technology. At the same time, however, they must be a strong cultural fit, sharing our commitment to building a world class company. Additionally, candidates must:
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, Computer Science or Game Development/Programming or similar with 1-4 years of game development experience
- Have experience using a modern game engine such as Unreal UDK, Unity 3D, CryEngine, or Torque3D
- Be familiar with C# or similar programming language
- Possess a working knowledge of Object Oriented programming principles
- Be an active problem solver, ready to develop tools and applications to speed up their own job and make projects into a more automated and turnkey process
- Have the curiosity and drive to take on multiple roles in the Technology team and learn new technologies and methodologies
- Possess the ability and discipline to multitask and maintain progress on multiple simultaneous projects
- Have some experience developing on multiple platforms (web, mobile, etc.)
- Have a passion for game and simulation development, have a great work ethic, be ambitious, crafty, and demonstrate a great working attitude, strong communication skills and resourcefulness
, please include the position title and location in the subject line of your email.
This job listing originated on Gamasutra.com, the game industry's leader.
Gamasutra - 10 months ago