The main role of the Associate is to provide Quality Customer Care to A.C. Moore customers. The primary responsibilities for this position include work within the Customer Care, Cashier, or Freight functions of the store. Flexibility is key in this role. Associates often work in multiple areas of the store during each shift. Additionally, this position may handle recovery, light cleaning duties, and ordering of merchandise.
The Associate is the primary source of contact for our customers. This position impacts our customers since the Associate answers questions and provides Quality Customer Care to the people who shop with us. The Associate impacts the company by satisfying our customers who then buy our products and shop with us, again, in the future.
Early Morning Associate responsibilities will focus primarily on the Freight Function as listed below.
Essential Job Functions
- Adopt and Execute our Values of: People, Integrity, Desire to Be the Best, Passion, Enthusiasm, and New Ideas.
- Demonstrates flexibility in schedule availability and when helping assisting other departments within the store.
- Provides Quality Customer Care to all customers by handling customer concerns quickly and sincerely, ringing up purchases with speed and accuracy, and by recovering the store consistently to ensure a positive shopping experience.
- Customer Care function : greet and determine the needs of all customers, and take them to the product or products of choice. Take special orders from customers.
- Cashier function : ring-up customer purchases with speed and accuracy. Ensure that the change drawer is maintained, per A.C. Moore policy and procedures.
- Freight function: work with the early morning crew to move freight from the backroom onto the sales floor in the respective departments.
- Answer the phones with the standard A.C. Moore greeting.
- Handle light janitorial duties such as cleaning and removing garbage from restrooms and the breakroom and transporting the garbage to the dumpster.
- Participate or assist with ad setups, activities, and events in the store.
- Occasionally order merchandise for respective departments.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Flexibility in scheduling; some evenings and weekends may be required.
- High energy level and positive attitude.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- “Love” of arts and crafts preferred.
A.C. Moore Arts & Crafts, Inc. is a specialty retailer of arts, crafts and floral merchandise for a range of customers. As of July 2012,...